FlourishAnyway believes there is a playlist for just about any situation and is on a mission come unite and entertain the civilization through song.
You are watching: First you get hurt then you get sorry
Here is one apology and regret playlist because that those who have actually been wronged and also those who need to step up and also make amends. "Sorry" is such a tough word come say.
César Astudillo via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, modified by FlourishAnyway
Does Sorry constantly Make the Better?
If friend think infidelity happens amongst only young lovers, think again. That occurs amongst 85 year-old couples, too.
An elderly family member — a kind, kind career army veteran who cherished animals, children, and fishing — passed away recently after a protracted illness. He lasted only a few days in hospice, withering sadly in his bedroom sanctuary together a result of pneumonia complications. Extended family gathered to say tearful farewells.
You would have actually expected his wife of 57 year to have actually been through his next in his last moments. Instead, she was engrossed in conversation v her masculine "friend." The two have shared one on-and-off romantic background longer 보다 her marriage.
For years, the male friend has been a regular visitor at family members gatherings, she ailing husband's birthday party and even the hospital where she and her husband common rooms throughout the room from one another. A current widower himself, her friend calls every night in ~ the very same time. Unfortunately, the husband died during your nightly call. There would certainly be no last minute apologies.
Apologize prior to the possibility slips away.
Vic via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0
Apologies are a place to Start
We've all caused others come suffer—both intentionally and also by accident—and been hurt through them, too. Sometimes the damage is deep and irreparable. Walk sorry always make that better? Sadly, no. Remorse is favor a boomerang. Friend never recognize when it will come ago and to win you. Part misdeeds are more challenging to make best than others.
Apologies, however, space at the very least a place to start for those strong enough to confront the after-effects of their own hurtful actions. Say what you require to before the possibility for "sorry" slips away forever.
Songs around Apologies
1. "Hello" by AdeleIn this 2015 song, one old lover attempts to reconnect after year apart so that she can apologize for long back transgressions. Unfortunately, her previous sweetheart won't choose up the phone. Instead, she need to pour out her heart right into his voice mail.
2. "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" by ChicagoThe guy in this standard 1982 Chicago song has actually royally screwed up. Currently he's trying come grovel his means back right into his lover's heart. She's provided him the old heave-ho, so it won't it is in easy. Romeo promises that
After all the we've to be throughI will make it as much as you, i promise toAnd after every that's been said and doneYou're just the component of me i can't permit go.
3. "Sorry seems to it is in the Hardest Word" by Elton JohnWhen you've hurt the one the you've loved the very first step to bridging the division is saying, "I'm sorry." but sometimes it's much easier said 보다 done.
This 1976 song describes the lonely, desperate feeling of do the efforts to do amends. Come on. Just man up and also say the freakin' words.
"Right actions later are the finest apologies for negative actions in the past." - Tryon Edwards, American theologian
frankieleon via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, amendment by FlourishAnyway
4. "Sorry" by Justin Bieber
One more shot at forgiveness. That's every Justin Bieber demands to reedem self in his lover's heart, follow to this 2015 song. Although both parties are at fault, the agrees come take every the blame. (So climate why is the bringing that component up?)
He claims he's missing an ext than Selena's—I typical his lover's—body. Dude, relocate on. It's obtaining unhealthy.
"Never apologize. Never explain. Just obtain the point done, and also let castle howl." - Agnes Macphail, Canadian politician
Roland Tanglao via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, amendment by FlourishAnyway
5. "Please forgive Me" by Bryan Adams
I don't recognize what Bryan Adams did, but his 2010 apology track is therefore earnest that even I want to forgive him. He desires to make it every better, recall his lover just how they fit like two perfect piece of a puzzle. He wants to permit his lover know exactly how much he demands them, i m sorry is the heart of any type of sincere apology:
Please forgive me if I require you favor I do.Please think me.Every word ns say is true...Please pardon meI can't protect against loving you.
6. "Baby Come Back" by PlayerThis 1977 struggle oozes the desperation of being left by someone you love. You're a chaos without them around. You shot to forget them. You're all set to take every the reprimand if they'll simply come back, please come ago into her life. (Not healthy, but that's an additional story.)
Baby come back, any kind of kind of fool can seeThere to be something in everything about youBaby come back, you can blame it all on meI to be wrong and also I simply can't live there is no you.
7. "Too late to Apologize" by Timbaland special One RepublicSometimes you with a point when sufficient is enough. Your lover plays too countless games, hurts you too many times and it's too late come apologize. You're done. This 2007 song shows backbone in the confront of gift jerked about by a sweetheart.
"Being i m really sorry is the highest act that selfishness, see value only after discarding it." - Douglas Horton
Toshihiro Gamo via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, modification by FlourishAnyway
8. "Don't Love friend No much more (I'm Sorry)" through Craig David
Sometimes apologies explain the brutal reality we should hear. In this 2005 song around a connection that has run the course, a man offers this sad but bitter reality to his lady friend:
I don't care babe who's appropriate or wrongI just don't love friend no more.
"Love in the genuine world means saying you're i m really sorry 10 times a day" - Kathie Lee Gifford, American tv personality and also singer
Sara Alfred via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, FlourishAnyway
9. "I Still believe in You" by Vince Gill
It's unfortunate how sometimes those who are closest to united state you regularly get the least of ours time and energy. In this 1992 song, Vince Gill sings that he's sorry it take it him so long to realize the situation, and he wants the possibility to make it right.
9. "Forgive Me" through EvanescenceThis 1999 ballad explains a pair in which one partner is ~ above a shedding streak, uttering median words she yes, really doesn't mean. As quickly as she blurts them out, she wants to snatch them right back, however the damage is done. It renders the various other partner feeling sad and broken and the speaker begs forgiveness.
11. "Sorry" by CiaraBlowups and also misunderstandings should be corrected automatically before they lead to major repercussions. This 2012 track by Ciara emphasizes the urgency of working it out.
12. "I'm Sorry" by Blake Shelton (featuring Martina McBride)Sometimes by the time you apologize too much damages has been done. That's the message that Blake Shelton imparts in this 2011 song. Ns wonder if he ever sang this come Miranda during their troubles?
Oh, you're sorry,So sorry,And you want it earlier the means it was.Well I'm sorry,But occasionally sorry,Just ain't an excellent enough.
"It is a great rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of human being do not desire apologies, and also the wrong kind take a mean advantage of them." - P. G. Wodehouse, English humorist
Bob Jenkin via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, amendment by FlourishAnyway
13. "Sorry for the Stupid Things" through Babyface
This 2005 song by Babyface is a cold dose of reality. The protagonist admits come his sweetheart that periodically we do stupid things, and also when that's the instance please just overlook it in the soul of "no damage intended."
Sometimes a manIs gonna it is in a manIt's not an excuseIt's just exactly how it isSometimes the wrongDon't know that they're wrongSometimes the strongAin't constantly so strong.
14. "So Sorry" by Feist
This 2007 Indie song asserts that instead of fighting and also crying, perhaps it's much better to say "I'm sorry" and also just host one an additional tight.
"Apologizing walk not constantly mean you're wrong and also the other human being is right. The just means you worth your relationship much more than her ego." - note Mathews, Australian surfer
Chris Chabot via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, amendment by FlourishAnyway
15. "All Apologies" by Nirvana
In a sense this 1993 Grammy award-winning tune was prophetic. Kurt Cobain mused around apologies and soaking up all the blame. In 1994, the famed singer that shaped the the music the the 1990s and beyond cursed suicide.
16. "Sorry" by Madonna
Don't even try to call Madonna "sorry" due to the fact that she's downright bitter about all this apology crap. In this 2005 song, she says she's heard it every before, so conserve your precious breath.
I don't wanna hear, ns don't wanna knowPlease don't say you're sorryI've heard it every beforeAnd I can take treatment of myselfI don't wanna hear, ns don't wanna knowPlease don't to speak "Forgive me"I've watched it all beforeAnd i can't take it it anymore.
"Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when i loved, i did no say so." - ray Stannard Baker, American journalist
natalie via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, modified by FlourishAnyway
17. "Butterfly" by Weezer
With referrals to mam Butterfly, this 1996 song is about taking advantage of innocence and someone who loves you and apologizing for guarantees that you've made the won't be kept. Some things were never ever meant come be.
18. "Back come December" by Taylor SwiftUsually Taylor Swift's song are around how she's to be wronged, but this one from 2010 is different. (Some say it's about her ill-fated connection with Taylor Lautner.)
The song is one apology because that mistreating a former lover and causing a dramatic conflict that ended the connection in a hurtful way: "You offered me roses and also I left them over there to die." due to the fact that then, the protagonist has actually replayed the love affair and regrets her behavior, wishes she might press rewind. She goes back to December all the time, and also this is her apology.
19. "Why" by Jason AldeanThe man in this 2008 tune by Jason Aldean is really beating himself up because that his connection mistakes. He's waited till 3 a.m. Come apologize, but only after his lady endangers to leave.
Why perform I constantly use the indigenous that cut the deepestWhen i know how much it damages you?Oh baby why perform I execute that come you?
How to Apologize
1) to express remorse: Say the you are "sorry" or the you "apologize".
2) accept responsibility: put yourself in the various other person's shoes and also acknowledge that your habits caused injury and/or hurt feelings to the various other person.
3) do amends: sell to make the case right. Be specific.
4) Promise the won't happen again. This rebuilds trust between you.
20. "I Apologize" through Anita Baker
The woman in this 1994 song had actually a fight with her lover and also made hurtful remarks. They had a shouting match, and also she was really unkind. Currently it's eating she up, and also she's phoning him to do amends.
butupa via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, amendment by FlourishAnyway
21. "I'm Sorry" by Brenda Lee
In this 1960 hit, Brenda Lee asks because that forgiveness for everything she did. She claims that youth and also blind love brought about her make remote mistakes.
22. "Always on my Mind" by Willie Nelson
No one is the perfect mate—attentive, kind, or expressive enough. However, this 1982 classic by Willie Nelson states that it's the intent that counts. He reminds his beloved: "You were constantly on mine mind."
23. "Let's Be united state Again" by LonestarIn this 2004 nation hit, a male apologizes to his darling after shedding his temper and also saying a many mean-spirited things. He's reaching out because that her, begging because that forgiveness, wanting because that the relationship to return to what the was.
Songs about Regret
22. "If I can Turn back Time" by CherCher is feeling mighty regretful in this 1989 classic in i m sorry the protagonist desire she might just press "reset" and take earlier all the median words and things that she did come hurt she lover. Her actions drove she lover away since she was also proud come say "sorry."
I don't know why i did the things I didI don't understand why I said the things I saidLove's prefer a knife that can cut deep insideWords are like weapons, castle wound sometimes.
In the Comments section below, tell us what you remorse the most in your life. Leave your comment anonymously if you'd like.
23. "Don't Think ns Don't Think about It" by Darius Rucker
In this 2008 song, the protagonist left his sweetheart standing in his rearview mirror, swearing never to return. She faded native his life, married and also moved on.
But he has actually regrets. She's the "what if" girl, the one he's always wondered about. But she's someone's else's wife. That's regret, buddy. Sorry.
24. "The greatest Man I never Knew" through Reba McEntireThis 1991 tune is a regretful ballad around never important connecting through a love one who lives in the very same house. A girl grows up with a stoic dad who never takes the moment to call her just how much he loves her. He's always got his attention diverted elsewhere, and the daughter separates it s her in her room.
Little go she understand that she means everything to him. Now that he has actually been dead for a year, the possibility to develop a true, systematic relationship has actually passed along with him. Don't permit this happen to you. Say what you have to say now.
25. "Help Me organize On" by Travis Tritt
This 1990 track expresses the remorse and desperation the a lover in ~ the moment he to know he's being moved out on. She's packing her suitcase, and also he have the right to no longer disregard the warning indications that their partnership is in trouble. That admits he took she love because that granted and also now the regretful fella will carry out anything to do it best again. Too late?
26. "Cat's In the Cradle" by take care of ChapinThis individual rock tune from 1974 has actually stood the check of time because it conveys a powerful message: relationships room investments, constructed in little moments, over lifetimes, and you gain out of lock what you put right into them.
The dad in this song never had time because that his son farming up. As soon as he ultimately did, his son had a household of his own and also was as well busy because that him. Worst the all, he had taught his child to be similar to him.
Even more Songs around Sorrow and also Regret
27. I'm Sorry
All 4 One
28. For this reason Sorry
29. I'm sorry To Myself
30. Just Say You're Sorry
31. Violet Rain
32. Million year Ago
33. Who's i m really sorry Now?
34. So Sorry
35. Sorry because that Love
38. Once I Was her Man
39. To walk on Water
40. South central Rain (I'm Sorry)
41. The Apologist
43. Jealous Guy
45. Two Dozen Roses
46. I'm All the end of Love
47. F*ck Apologies
JoJo (featuring Wiz Khalifa)
48. I Was Wrong
49. I want You Back
ODESZA (featuring Sasha Sloan)
51. Let friend Down
52. Top top Bended Knee
Boyz II Men
53. What could Have Been
54. All I require Is a Miracle
Mike + The Mechanics
56. She Wouldn't be Gone
57. Be careful What You wish For
58. Carry My flower Now
59. Blame the on You
Questions & Answers
Question: I pushed someone ns loved away since of my very own insecurities and an individual problems. Ns hurt lock in the process, and also now ns am trying to apologize with a song. Do you have any type of suggestions?
Answer: here are numerous suggestions based on the restricted information provided:
1) "Come back Song" by Darrius Rucker (2010)
2) "Baby Come Back" through Player (1977)
3) "Hard to Say I'm i m really sorry by Chicago (1982)
Whatever song you select, you might highlight an essential lyrics as soon as you send it. If you apologize deeply, refer how vital both they and the relationship are to you, and accept duty for her transgression without getting defensive (i.e., simply OWN it), climate it is possible to patch things up.
Even if your someone unique doesn't pardon you at first, ask them to proceed to consider your request rather than saying "no." also request permission to talk with them again at a later on date. As lengthy as the currently of interaction are retained open, you're in decent shape.
Question: i cheated top top the man I love. The is my everything, and also it was the greatest mistake of my life. How can I resolve it? exactly how do we conserve us?
Answer: us all make mistakes, and you have actually violated this man's sacred trust. This rejection cut deep, but affairs can sometimes it is in forgiven. Walk to him and ask him to hear friend out. Look that in the eye, host his hands, and pour out your heart. Accept duty for violating his trust. The doesn't matter if he to be working too hard, didn't give you the fist you needed, or whatever else allegedly led to you to seek the affections of one more man. You are the one that violated the bond between you, so very own it totally and ask for his forgiveness. It may or might not come.