You are watching: When investors doubt the creditworthiness of a borrower
1. Exactly how accurately carry out GDP statistics portray the economy and also why?
2. Take into consideration the formula GDP = C + i + G + (X – M). A nation is undergoing a eight in consumption of domestic and also foreign high-end goods. In one year, the dollar growth in imports is greater than the dollar development in domestic consumption. Assuming naught else has actually changed, what taken place to GDP?
3. Below is the many important economic data because that Australia and also Sweden. Which economic climate did much better year-over-year (YOY) in the fourth quarter the 2013 compared to the fourth quarter that 2012? usage the 2 charts come investigate
4. In the united States, why is there a solid correlation between unemployment and GDP?
5. Here is a chart mirroring both nominal and real GDP growth for a country. I beg your pardon of the complying with can be a true statement?
6. The white heat denotes GDP growth. Which of the complying with lines is the ideal leading economic indicator?
7. The “misery index” is regularly cited in the media together a way to measure customer pain. The is identified as the inflation price plus the joblessness rate. Testimonial the chart and identify the country with the highest “misery index.”
8. What type of indications are unemployment and also business confidence?
9. I beg your pardon of the following qualities of financial indicators execute investors prize most?
10. Why is the release of GDP statistics less interesting to investor than various other indicators?
11. I beg your pardon of the following necessary U.S. Financial indicators is only accessible on a quarterly basis?
12. Which financial indicator is most directly attached to unemployment?
13. Right here is the financial calendar for the uk for august 2013. Explore indicators choose PMI, residence prices, industrial production, employment, sleeve sales, and GDP. How was power overall?
14. This chart was caught in mid-2014. At that point in time, i beg your pardon of the complying with terms would certainly have described the growth predicted in this pop-out table?
15. How have economic forecasts because that this nation evolved?
16. These charts present data for four countries as of beforehand 2016. Because that each country, the violet line denotes historic real GDP growth. The white heat denotes the agreement estimated genuine GDP growth. The red line denotes the most cynical analyst forecast. The environment-friendly line denotes the many optimistic analyst forecast. For which country is there the many controversy among the analyst community around 2016 growth
17. What is the key reason the investment financial institutions create estimates of financial indicators?
18. I beg your pardon of the complying with is the greatest pitfall of financial indicators?
19. Here is a chart displaying financial estimates the the early stage jobless insurance claims economic indicator, one of the main unemployment statistics in the U.S. It measures the number of new applicants for unemployment benefits. What to be the level the the analyst with the most optimistic outlook
1. Of the clearly shows countries, i m sorry is the 4th biggest exporter and also fourth greatest importer?
2. In 1994, the mexico peso declined against the U.S. Disagreement by 37% throughout the so-called Tequila Crisis. Usage the post to price this question: What exacerbating aspect did Mexico"s Tequila crisis have in common with the Argentine crisis of 2002?
3. Just how many new Zealand dollars (NZD) have the right to you buy v 100 Australian dollars (AUD)?
4. Allison resides in America and has simply retired. It is beforehand 2016. She has actually long had dreams of going come the optimal of the Eiffel Tower in France, visiting Buckingham palace in the joined Kingdom, see the cherry flower in Japan, and also cruising the fjords ~ above the west coastline of Norway. She last considered all four options on brand-new Year"s work 2008. She would choose to pick the pilgrimage to walk on based upon which country"s currency has ultimately weakened the most against the U.S. Dollar. Where will she go on vacation
5. Testimonial the four currency pair charts for the Barbadian dollar against the Jamaican dollar, the Czech koruna versus the polish zloty, the Nigerian naira versus the Ghanaian cedi, and also the Hong Kong dollar against the Macanese pataca. Which pair is pegged
6. I beg your pardon of the following is NOT an example of a failure peg?
7. Use the chart below to answer the question. How numerous Danish crowns (DKK) will certainly buy 100 Japanese yen (JPY)?
8. According to this huge Mac table of contents screen, which of the adhering to countries" money is the many undervalued?
9. What generally happens as soon as a main bank unexpectedly increases interest rates?
10. I m sorry driver weakened the Swiss franc native one euro per Swiss franc to 0.83 euro every Swiss franc?
11. What walk the big Mac index show?
12. What space the three main short-term chauffeurs of currency valuation?
13. By what system do interest rates affect currency values?
14. Which of these headlines could move a money pair?
15. What is the most usual target inflation rate for an advanced economy?
16. What to be the major goal that Abenomics?
17. Here is the vicious deflationary cycle. What action connects the reduced left gray arrowhead to the upper best blue arrow?
18. Was the great Depression in the U.S. Attached to inflation or deflation?
19. Why is over there a winter image between the yen weakness and also stock market strength top top the chart shown?
20. In early on 2016, the exact same Germany machinery firm has interest from 4 prospective client from arising markets Brazil, Indonesia, Russia, and also South Africa. Castle all desire to buy ten machines. The company will invoice them in euros however the CFO is worried that the customer may publication the bespeak if his currency declines when the invoice come due ~ above June 30, 2016. According to historical currency volatility alone, the customer from which nation would be most most likely to salary his invoice?
21. What is the average estimate for the variety of U.S. Dollars every British sterling for calendar year 2015?
22. What is the difference between Citigroup and also JPMorgan Chase’s calculation for the U.S. Dollar/British sterling currency pair for the end of Q1 2015?
23. You are a netherlands diamond dealer who resources diamonds from south Africa. You believe that the
African continent is set to boom, and also so you believe that the south African rand will strengthen
against the world’s major currencies. Therefore, you room worried about your capacity to purchased South
African diamonds in the future.
A new mine is being dug in south Africa and you have actually agreed with the miner to buy 1 million South
African rands" precious of diamonds a year indigenous today. Therefore, you will need 1 million rands in cash
in one year’s time. Currently, the exchange price is 17.1261 rands come the euro. You think that the
rand will strengthen to 16 edge to the euro in one year’s time. Friend speak come some money dealers
and they let you know that they would agree now to transform your euros into rands in one year’s time
at the price of 18.654182.
Assume that you converted few of your euros right into 1 million rands at today’s prevailing rate and
stored the rands in a safe. Exactly how many more or under euros would you have in one year’s time if you
were to agree this particular day to the forward commitment instead of merely purchasing the million rands today
24. Why would certainly Jack Welch imply putting all company plants on barges?
25. Samsung is based in south Korea and reports in South korean won. Samsung sells its products approximately the world and the geographic malfunction of its 2015 profits are in the an initial chart. The second chart shows how some significant world currencies moved versus the South oriental won v the food of 2015. The the currencies shown, which currency movement held back Samsung"s revenue expansion the most?
26. Legend investor Warren Buffett said, “Gold it s okay dug out of the ground... Then us melt that down, dig an additional hole, ask it again and also pay civilization to stand around guarding it. It has actually no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would certainly be scratching your head.” based upon this quotation, what quality of yellow is he introduce to?
27. The the adhering to options, what is the best means for investor to manage currency risk?
1. What walk it denote when the bars are environment-friendly at the bottom?
2. According to the table ~ above the right, which country owns 2.9% the U.S. Debt?
3. What high quality of U.S. Federal government bonds causes investors to buy lock when market volatility rises?
4. Why is resolved income referred to as fixed income?
5. I beg your pardon is the biggest??
6. What is one reason why international governments lend to the U.S. Government?
7. What go one yellow bar depict in this debt distribution diagram?
8. Which one of the complying with actors benefits once interest prices go up?
9. As soon as investors doubt the creditworthiness of a borrower, exactly how do they change their calculate of the bond productivity to take into account this doubts
10. As a basic rule, what percentage of blame to GDP will make a government’s bond returns spike?
11. What is true that both the U.K. And also the U.S.?
12. Which would certainly you prefer?
13. Which would you prefer?
14. What is the primary reason for U.S. Government bond yields to ripple v the link market?
15. A climb in which of the adhering to measures would frequently send a federal government bond price up?
16. Which of the nations shown provides the best relative use of short-term federal government financing?
17. Exactly how do investors compare bonds?
18. I m sorry of the following is the strongest driver of inflation?
19. This chart reflects the output gap in the U.S. Together of the finish of 1973. What was likely the Fed interest rate policy at the finish of 1973
20. Here is a graph from the ILBE role displaying U.S. 10-year inflation expectations together of beforehand 2016. At the allude in time shown, wherein is the country"s 10-year inflation expectation in relation to the main Bank"s inflation target
21. Investors who are afraid rising inflation may buy Treasury Inflation protected Securities (TIPS). Just how do tips shield lenders indigenous inflation
22. What is the commonwealth Reserve"s favorite inflation gauge?
23. Right here is the output space in the U.S. In at an early stage 1975. What was likely the Fed interest price policy?
24. Why does the yield curve naturally slope upwards?
25. Why walk the that company spread considerably widen during the 2008 sector crash?
26. What affect will a tightening that the this firm spread most likely have actually on a company?
27. The U.S. Productivity curve affects i m sorry of the adhering to entities?
28. What is the 10-year come 3-month term premium the the following yield curve?
29. I m sorry of these purchases is most likely to be impacted by interest rates?
30. What is the main driver that the left-hand end of the productivity curve?
31. Which yield curve is most likely connected to a booming economy?
32. The two yield curve in the chart space from September 10, 2001 (yellow line) and from October 10, 2001 (green line). What perform you think the commonwealth Reserve did through interest rates in the month adhering to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001
33. Why does the productivity curve have tendency to invert shortly prior to a recession?
1. Why do companies perform IPOs?
2. Why do agency manager-owners smile once they ring the stock exchange bell at your IPO?
3. Here are 22 that the 30 members that the Dow Jones commercial Average Index together of so late March 2015. If all the shares went up by 5%, i beg your pardon share ~ above the display screen shown would have the biggest contribution come an upward activity in the Index
4. In 1999, James Glassman and Kevin Hassett published a book called “Dow 36,000.” in ~ the time, the Dow Jones commercial Average index was just under 12,000. I beg your pardon of the following is a potential substitute because that the publication title
5. Here is a chart of the index worth for the S&P 500 and also the joined Kingdom’s key equity index, the FTSE 100, native the finish of 2008 to at an early stage 2015. One has plainly outperformed the other. End this period, there to be a an innovation boom and an oil crash. Right here are pie charts reflecting the early on 2015 table of contents compositions by sector for both the S&P 500 and also the FTSE 100. Which table of contents outperformed
6. What is the prime reason that Jenny"s discretionary revenue is an ext volatile 보다 her salary?
7. A wedding planning agency has a high fixed-cost base and a the majority of debt. Who would you rather be?
8. The S&P 500 stood at 1848 at the end of 2013. According to the chart, what would certainly the approximate return be on the S&P 500 from the trough of march of 2009 to the end of 2013, skip dividends
9. The brown line stood at 2639 at the end of 2013. According to the chart, what would certainly the almost right return it is in on the S&P 500 consisting of dividends indigenous the trough level in march 2009 of 945 to the finish of 2013
10. Why are equities volatile?
11. Which of the adhering to statements is true?
12. In the instance highlighting the differences in between bond holders and shareholders, operated doctor Jenny is the shareholder. Which row of the spending plan planning table shows the amount to which she together a shareholder is entitled
13. Girlfriend buy the stock of four consumer goods providers at the end of 2004 and also hold them until August 2010. Right here are the TRA (Total Return) charts from Bloomberg because that all 4 stocks. The "Buy Price" in the peak left-hand edge is the price you paid because that each stock. The price the the share in respectable 2010 is provided in the chart"s legend. The legend also states the Dividend readjusted Value the the stock in 2010, the worth of the reinvested dividends over the holding period. For which stock did the bulk of the total return come from dividends?
14. What does the release of income announcements have actually in common with the relax of financial indicators?
15. The number at the bottom appropriate of every supplier"s box reflects the portion of Boeing"s total costs in the critical year which go to that supplier. The number in ~ the bottom right of each customer"s box shows the part of the customer"s capital expenditure (money spent on high value purchases) in the last year i m sorry goes come Boeing. Because that which agency shown was Boeing the primary plane supplier in the critical year?
16. Which agency is many exposed to the ups and downs of the aircraft engine industry?
17. Engines space the most expensive, heavy component on an aircraft and also are design with detailed specifications. I m sorry of the adhering to would likely be the finest theme because that a Rolls-Royce analyst research note to help a portfolio manager decide between investing in Rolls-Royce or united Technologies
18. You are structure a financial version of a bifocal lens manufacturer. I m sorry of the following is the finest driver come use
19. Below is a table indigenous the Bloomberg knowledge aluminum dashboard which shows the different end-uses that aluminum in China. I m sorry of the adhering to Bloomberg headlines would be of many interest come an aluminum businessman in China
20. Once an analyst is looking at a agency for the an initial time, which of the complying with four tasks does he carry out first
21. Here is a table native the Bloomberg knowledge copper dashboard which shows the different endusers that the “red metal.” i m sorry of the adhering to Bloomberg headlines would likely be of many interest come a copper trader
22. Right here is a malfunction of post-it note inventor 3M"s revenue by industry. I beg your pardon of the complying with industry vehicle drivers should be of most interest come a prospective investor of 3M
23. Firm X was supposed to have earnings per share the $0.52 for the upcoming quarter. Top top the day of the results, the agency reported revenue per re-publishing of $0.83. What happened to the share price when the stock market opened
24. Which company is precious more, Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
25. Widget Co has a sector capitalization that $100M. That does a 10-for-1 share split. It climate does a 1- for-16 turning back stock split. Finally, the does a 35-for-1 share split. Nothing rather changes. What’s the new market cap
26. What input carry out both pure valuation and relative valuation require?
27. Which of the complying with is most likely to be the most challenging part that this very first step that the absolute valuation process
28. What is a factor one discounts future cashflows as part of the absolute valuation process?
29. What role does beta play in pure valuation?
30. What part of the $42.03 re-publishing price (to the nearest dollar) is represented by cash?
31. How is enterprise value calculated?
32. I m sorry of the adhering to stocks is many sensitive come the motion of the in its entirety stock market?
33. I beg your pardon of the adhering to ascribes the same family member weightings come short-term and also long-term outcomes together the absolute valuation process
34. Below is the WACC role for U.S. Drug company Pfizer. The WACC calculation has been hidden. What is the WACC
35. A rise in i beg your pardon of the complying with inputs will increase an absolute valuation?
36. Just how do revenue yields different from link yields?
37. In ~ its optimal at the finish of 1999, Microsoft had a market cap the $600B. It was the apple of its work as pc sales to be booming and most ran Microsoft software. Revenue was growing 30% per year. The P/E ratio peaked at 70.0x. Looking at this chart, what happened in the succeeding 15 years?
38. What is one feasible weakness that this peer method to valuation?
39. Let’s compare McDonald’s come the market. Here we deserve to see that the S&P 500’s P/E ratio is 18.5x. McDonald’s has actually a price to income ratio of 19.3x, meaning that that trades around “in line” v the U.S. Market. Investors will certainly look at just how the P/E of the company has trended in comparison come the P/E that the market. Any kind of material deviation may pique investors’ interest. Below we can see that since the so late 1980s, the P/E the McDonald’s has moved loosely in line with the P/E the the market
40. Right here is a graph of the Nasdaq Composite, the world’s main an innovation index. It peaked in the dotcom balloon on in march 10, 2000. The P/E ratio later peaked over 500. In hindsight, this is extensively agreed to have actually been a bubble. In in march 2015, the index worth for the very first time due to the fact that then gone beyond the peak. Why might some investors at that suggest have argued “this time it’s different
41. The world Equity Index function show includes two valuation metrics because that the S&P 500. The Nike description page has the exact same two valuation metrics. Just how does Nike"s valuation to compare to the of the S&P 500
42. If the income per share of a firm is $1 and also the income yield is 2%, what is the price every share?
See more: How Far Is Atlanta From North Carolina To Atlanta, Ga, How Far Is Charlotte From Atlanta
This chart mirrors a scatterplot with the x-axis being the estimated sales growth and also the y-axis gift the approximated P/E multiple. Given this data alone, i beg your pardon of the adhering to companies may warrant further analysis by a portfolio manager looking come buy an insurance firm for she portfolio